Refurbishment works on the facilities within the Shaftesbury Street Park dog off-leash area in Tarragindi is already underway.
The Brisbane City Council has started the refurbishment project to upgrade the facilities within Shaftesbury Street Park dog off-leash area located at 59 Shaftesbury Street Tarragindi. The council, however, has designated a temporary dog off-leash area whilst construction is underway.
Under the refurbishment project, works to be undertaken will include the upgrading of all entrances; installation of new seats; removal of a small shelter; and carrying out turf remediation.
The upgrading of dog off-leash area started 8 April and is expected to be completed in early June 2019.
Alternative Dog Parks Near Tarragindi
Whilst refurbishment works at Shaftesbury Street Park are underway, there are other off-leash parks that are just minutes away from Tarragindi where your furry friend can explore, run, and socialise with other dogs:
- Dutton Park at 359 Gladstone Road, Dutton Park – features of the park include an electric barbecue, basketball and netball facility, dog off-leash area, outdoor fitness equipment, picnic area, and an accessible and inclusive playground.
- Hyde Road Park at 331 Fairfield Road, Yeronga – facilities include barbecue, bikeway as well as a car park, a dog off-leash area, picnic area, and a playground.
- Salisbury Recreation Reserve at 323 Evans Road, Salisbury – this park offers electric and wood barbecue facilities, as well as basketball/netball facility, dog off-leash area, outdoor exercise equipment, a picnic area, and playground.
- Abbeville Street Park at 41 Abbeville Street, Upper Mount Gravatt – features include basketball/netball facility, a community garden, dog off-leash area, outdoor fitness/exercise equipment, and playground.
- Boorabbin Picnic Ground at 677A Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Road, Wishart – aside from dog off-leash area, the park also has basketball/netball facility, wood barbecue facility, picnic area, playground, rebound wall, shared pathway, shelter, and car park.